Hi, crafty friends and welcome to Summer. Can you believe it’s June already? Where has the time gone? In the spirit of this first summer month, I’ve made a summery card with a summery image. 3 on a bench from Mo’s Digital Pencil is one of those stamps that you can get as a merged image or as the separate components that make up the scene. This particular one consists of three kids sitting on a bench, each enjoying their own snack. I’ve used the separated version for my card, and I’ve used the bench and the girl with the big wedge of watermelon. There’s also a boy with a popsicle and a girl eating corn in the same stamp, but I opted for the watermelon alone today.
I printed the image towards the bottom left of my panel of X-Press It blending card and colored it with Copics. I’ve colored this girl once before, but I decided to go for a different color scheme this time, I think the only thing that’s stayed the same since the last card is the coloring on the watermelon. The printer doesn’t print all the way to the edge, so I cut off a little strip on the left side and decided to add a strip of yellow patterned paper from Papirdesign on the right to balance out the design and fill the front of this A2 card.
I also added a tiny piece on the left side to add a tiny bit of added interest. I adhered my panel onto a top fold card base I created from Buttercup cardstock from Concord & 9th. I used a die from Papirdesign (Hipp hurra, oval) to die cut the letters from the same color of cardstock and adhered them towards the top right corner of the card front. Onto a strip of Red Hot cardstock from My Favorite Things, I stamped a sentiment from the A06 stamp set from Norsk Stempelblad AS using VersaMark ink and white heat embossed it using super fine detail embossing powder from Ranger, before adding two additional layers of cardstock behind it for a bit of dimension and adhering it to the card. I added a few enamel dots from the Pocketful of Sunshine pack of enamel dots from Altenew, and my super simple card was finished.
And as usual, I finish with the Copics I used. Quite a few for this super simple image, I reckon.