Monster Sized {Hobbykunst}

This is my second post today, if you’re looking for my Mo Manning entry, you’ll find it here.

I’ve been following Kathy Racoosin’s 30 day coloring challenge on Instagram this past month, and these monsters were the first ones I colored up, all the way back on day 1. I wasn’t sure if I was going to participate, the previous 30 day coloring challenge ran from March 1, that short of a break seemed too short for me, but I decided to go for it anyway. I’m glad I did, but I need a break from all the coloring now!

This card was a bit of an evolution. You might even call it remotely controlled cardmaking. I’ve been coloring so much lately, but not made a lot of cards, so I was really unsure of what to do when I sat down to create this. Lisabeth Vefall came to my rescue, and via Instagram messages “we” created this card together. She found this cute little card that Christine Comploj had made, and despite the sketches I’d done, I really wanted to give that design a go. Hers is a baby card, and so cute, right?

I love Christine’s style and follow her on Instagram. You should, too! 😉

The first decision was to diecut those monsters from My Favorite Things. I usually like fussy cutting, but Liz decided that diecutting was the way to go with this one. She pretty much ran the show, I just did as she asked. I made my little frame and decided where it needed to go before going in with orange and yellow inks on the cardbase.

I had four monsters, so Liz urged me to put the last one on an ink blended circle on the inside. I asked her if she wanted paint splatters on the inside too, before I removed my circle mask. She wanted water splatters, so I added water splatters. I had a great time being remote controlled by her!

The sentiment (by Mathia Design) was a story in an of itself. By the time I got that far, I was super tired, so I struggled to decide where to put it. My “remote control” had also run out of batteries at that point, so I needed to sleep on it. This morning, it was a lot easier to decide. I added a few enamel dots close to the frame, and that finishes off my card. Or our card, I should say, I probably wouldn’t have gotten this done if it weren’t for Liz helping out!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.